Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's November, and also I went places.

a) Epic strikes in France! The university was blockaded and there were all sorts of marches and crazy shenanigans. Everyone's up in arms about Sarkozy.
Grèves, manifestations, and subsequent adventures

b) we went to Carcassonne in October with the program. It's a medieval walled city, and the inside looks just like Hogsmeade out of Harry Potter. So legit.
Octobre Aventures

c) We had Fall Break! I went to London and Cork, which were planned. I also ended up visiting Frankfurt and sleeping overnight in the airport, thanks to a plane snafu (a story which is really long and which I've already recounted enough times to make me sick to death of it). It was cool to see touristy things and all that, but mostly it was just nice to see my dear dear friends Megan, Carly, Deeya, and Drigan.
Fall break: London, Cork... and Frankfurt?




Hard to believe only six weeks remain for me here...that's not nearly long enough. But I'm sure that I'll be back in France again at some point within the next few years... it's happening. End of story. So I'm not too concerned about leaving. What I am concerned about, on the other hand, is the whole getting-used-to-life-in-the-U-S-of-A-again thing. We'll see. But I'm going to try not to worry about that too much before I have to...aka December 18 when I hop on a plane back to Philly.

1 comment:

  1. Mostly I'm writing here because I gave up Facebook (mostly) for the month of November and so I didn't really have another way to contact you to reply to your query. I would love to write you an email on the subject if you shot me an email at fenixcry@gmail.com. It was great to hear from you, even if your comment was (literally) cryptic.

    ReplyDelete